What is the Cost of Cataract Eye Surgery in FL?

 

Presbyopia Lenses with Cataract Removal $2,950 per eye plus insurance copay and deductible
Astigmatism Lenses with Cataract Removal $1,950 per eye plus insurance copay and deductible

Medicare and Cataract Eye Surgery

If you have Medicare, it will help cover much of the cost for your cataract eye surgery.  Cataract surgery is an outpatient procedure, which is covered under Medicare Part B.  That means when you have your cataract surgery performed, Medicare will cover 80 percent of the cost of the procedure.  You are then responsible for the co-payment (co-pay) or the remaining 20 percent, after you meet your annual deductible (which is $147 in 2013).

If you choose a multifocal lens implant ( IOL ), you will be responsible for the additional cost associated with that lens.

 

Private Medical Insurance and Cataract Eye Surgery

If you have a private insurance plan, we expect that your health care service plan will pay for cataract surgery, less any deductible or co-pay requirements.  Your coverage will apply to a traditional monofocal lens implant.  However, if you wish to decrease your dependence on glasses following your cataract eye surgery, you may choose a multifocal lens implant.  You will be responsible for the additional costs associated with a multifocal lens implant option like ReSTOR, TECNIS or Crystalens.

 

Questions About Cost of Cataract Surgery?

We will discuss your Medicare or insurance coverage with you during your Lens Evaluation appointment.  We understand insurance coverage can sometimes feel a bit confusing, and we are here to help.

 

Flexible Payment Options

We offer flexible payment options through CareCredit, including plans that are interest-free for up to 12 months. You don’t want to live with compromised vision, and you don’t have to. Find an extended payment option that works for you.